Gifts for nine-years-olds are more than just objects to them because they’re slowly evolving into mature young individuals. While they can still be interested in toys, children at this age begin to explore different interests. It would be great if they could master some skills using their toys. Thus, you should take gift shopping for them seriously.
- Development – Nine-year-old children have a natural curiosity about the things that are happening around them. As they begin to age, their attitude, emotions, and even hobbies also change. Therefore, when buying gifts for them, think about their interests. Kids at this age also become more interested in the arts, sports, sciences, and other areas of learning. So, you better consider their stages of development when searching for the best gift for them.
- Usefulness – When you give a gift to a nine-year-old child, be sure this is something that he can use over and over again. The gift shouldn’t be good for one-time use only. Instead, select a gift with a real purpose. If your goal is to spark their imagination, buy something that they can learn how to build while they’re playing. Also, avoid giving gifts that will only be placed in the corner, such as decors.
- Profile – Gifts for children aren’t tough to find. However, the problem comes in if you buy a gift for someone you don’t know. For instance, if you want to buy a birthday present for your nine-year-old godchild, you should make the real effort to get to know him/her better. By doing your research, you may discover something special about the child that will help you in your buying decisions.
- Good Quality – Aside from being useful, your gift should also be of good quality. Nine-year-old children value their toys seriously because, for them, it’s more than just an object that they can play with. If your gift is something that is used often, it should last for a long time. Take note, a child who receives a gift with nice quality will appreciate the effort and thought you put into buying it.
- Element of Surprise – Nothing is more exciting than receiving a surprise gift. Children at the age of nine appreciate gifts that offer an element of surprise. It means you put a lot of thought into buying a gift that will make them happy. Also, surprises create good memories that children may never forget.
- Experience – Children, because they’re young, love experiencing new things. It’s best to buy a gift that gives experience. Search for unique gift ideas for children. Create a list of all the things that kid is interested in and come up with the gift ideas that are aligned with their interests. For example, if your child loves music and acting, then you can buy him/her a ticket to a musical. A trip to a museum for your history-loving kid or a temporary hair color for your little fashionista are some examples.
- Creativity – Kids are imaginative. They can get the most out of your gift when you give them a toy that encourages their creativity. Craft materials, journals and notebooks, construction toys, and nonfiction books for learning are excellent options.
Consider these buying tips when searching for the best toys for nine-year-olds. With the kind of energy and imagination they have, you should find something creative, exciting, and useful. Since they are at a crucial stage of development, the kind of toy gifts you give can mold them as better individuals. Give them gifts that they can cherish all throughout their childhood.