Who’s writing this stuff, anyway?
Hi, I’m Nick Shell.
I grew up in a small town called Fort Payne, AL. I graduated from Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA in 2005 with a B.A. in English and taught English in Bangkok, Thailand in 2003 and 2004. I met my wife, Jill, at a taping of “CMT Crossroads” while living in Nashville, TN. Our son, Jack, was born in November 2010.
From May 2011 to June 2014, I was the officially daddy blogger of Parents.com- the website for Parents Magazine. My daily blog for them was called The Dadabase. For more than 1,000 posts, I covered anything and everything that possibility be related to fatherhood.
You may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org; especially if you are interested in reaching out to me in regards to reviewing cars, toys, vegan food, travel spots… basically anything I can review from a family friendly perspective.
Here is an example of my work reviewing cars: 2014 Toyota Prius.
Below is a recap of my writing career so far:
I was featured in the November 2010 issue of American Baby magazine and three times on WordPress’s “Freshly Pressed” home page.
After the first year of writing my weekly daddy blog “dad from day one” here on WordPress, Parents.com chose to pick up and reboot my series for their website, making me their officially daddy blogger. Click on the link to take a look:
Here are other media outlets I have been featured in so far. Click on the link below each logo to see which post or series was selected.
If you are considering hiring an experienced and proven freelance writer for your next press release, or would simply like to be featured as a guest blogger on my site, consider my skill set and history.
Begin by clicking on the links below, to get a feel for recent work I have been hired to do for high end brands like Lexus and Primrose Schools; as well as other household names like XFINITY and Moe’s Southwest Grill.
I would like to highlight my skill in writing and knack for engaging readers in original compositions, as is demonstrated on both my personal website, FamilyFriendlyDaddyBlog.com,and my previous corporate sponsored blog, The Dadabase on Parents.com. Through these websites combined, I have been able to create content which has allowed me to connect with thousands of readers across the world, garnering over two million hits within the past several years. I am solely responsible for determining topics of interest, researching for validation, authoring, editing, managing and updating all material on the sites.
If you would like to hire me to write your next press release, based on what other companies have already hired me to do over the past year, this is my rate:
$1 per word; minimum 350 words.
Or, if you simply want to see your own work featured here on my blog, which obviously has healthy SEO, based on the fact I am approached weekly by companies and fellow writers who request to be featured on my platform, as I am currently featured as CreditDonkey’s Best Dad Blog 2017, you can simply hire me for that option as well. Based on what other companies have already hired me to do over the past year, this is my rate:
$100 per post.
Here are some recent examples of other companies and bloggers who hired me for that option:
Are you ready to get started? Send me an email at email@example.com. I look forward to working with you. I will close by sharing some of my resume with you:
Nicholas Shane Shell, B.A.
Freelance Writer on Family Friendly Daddy Blog Since September 2009
- Create, design, and maintain all website content, consisting of over 2300 individual posts written since the website’s inception.
- Prepares photo gallery using Fotor to incorporate several photo collages per post.
- Applies SEO techniques to selectively tag content to increase visibility by Google and carefully crafts titles for posts to drive traffic to site and ultimately increase readership.
- Website has garnished over 2.1 million hits and currently averages 16,000 hits per month.
- Invited multiple times to special events sponsored by Lexus and General Motors to feature dozens of vehicles both locally and regionally.
- On rotation to receive and review vehicles from a “Family Friendly” perspective from a variety of companies, including, Lexus, Toyota, Scion, Fiat, Buick, Chevrolet and Nissan.
- Invited to serve as the official host for Annie’s Homegrown during a scheduled Google Hangout session.
- Featured three times on Word Presses’ Freshly Pressed homepage within the span of a year.
- Sought out and hired on a regular basis for my SEO skills
- Awarded with Best Dad Blog 2017/Top Parenting Experts by CreditDonkey
Freelance Blogger, May 2011- June 2014
- Recruited by chief editor, Michael Kress, of Parents magazine’s website to become the official daddy blogger for Parents.com based on the independent success of personal blog.
- Developed creative concept, researched, wrote and edited content for each individual (400-word minimum) post while incorporating a minimum of two photos to accent the subject matter.
- Personally promoted each post using social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Has had nearly one million hits since inception; averages 13,000 hits per month; most hits in one day: 9,900.
- Coined the title of the blog The Dadabase.
Liberty University, Lynchburg, Virginia
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Honors: Dean’s List
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Lipscomb University, Nashville, Tennessee
Certificate of Achievement, December 2012
Course: Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Learning System
Global English School, Bangkok, Thailand
ESL Instructor, June – July 2003 & June – July 2004
- Instructed and prepared daily lesson plans covering a variety of subjects for approximately 25 elementary students.