3 years old.
Yesterday for your 3rd birthday in the middle of the week, we waited until all 4 of us were home at the same time, after work and school, to open your birthday presents.
Instead of getting you one main gift, Mommy and I selected several smaller gifts, like a backpack and new set of clothes for one of your baby dolls and a pretend make-up kit, as well as Elsa and Anna sunglasses.
Mommy stopped by Whole Foods on the way home and picked us up a smaller family size cake to celebrate after dinner.
By the way, you are convinced that the pretend lipstick is real.
You keep applying it, looking in your play mirror to see the results.
You had a fun little 3rd birthday.
8 years, 5 months.
Perhaps it was a perfect coincidence that as you were preparing your class presentation for the following week, there happen to be a perfectly windy and rainy Sunday afternoon.
You wanted to take your kite out in the perfect environment, but neither Mommy nor I wanted to go outside and get wet with you.
So I suggested a compromise:
You got to go outside and fly your kite in the field behind our house, while I supervised from your bedroom window overlooking the scene.
Granted, it didn’t take too long before the wind caused the string for your kite to catch itself in a knot that was impossible to untie.
But at least you were able to feel like a boy who was getting to break the rules in some way.
Very few people think of their plumbing systems until there seems to be a problem somewhere. This is one of the most important systems of your home or property and you should do everything possible to keep it in the best conditions to avoid costly repairs and replacements. Drain Rescue Plumbers can inspect and maintain your plumbing and also carry out the necessary repairs and replacements even in emergencies. However, if you use simple care advice, it will greatly reduce the amount of time a plumber really needs to rescue you.
Tip 1: Minimize grease build-up in your kitchen sink by using a strainer to pick up the fatty items and dispose of them in the trash instead of running down the drain. To keep the same problem at a low level, consider letting hot water run down the kitchen drain to get rid of any buildup of existing grease and soap.
Tip 2 – Avoid letting the hair fall out of the bathroom. This is one of the things that bring plumbing problems in the bathroom and that can prevent you from being cautious with what is in the drain. A wet, dry vacuum can be useful in removing any clutter that may be around the surface of the drain before it finds its way down into your line and causes problems with your plumbing system.
Tip 3: Be careful when draining chemicals in the toilet or in the toilets of the house. You may not think it’s harmful, but there are chemicals that are very aggressive and end up devouring the pipes and causing damage and leaks. Find a better way to eliminate any chemicals, including caustic chemicals, so that you do not end up damaging the pipeline and repairing replacements and expensive repairs.
Tip 4 – Replace old pipes in your system. This is especially important when you move into an old house that may have been remodeled. Remember that the materials that were used a few years ago are not as durable and of quality as those currently available. A replacement project before problems appear can be a very good idea instead of waiting until you start having one problem after another with the old pipes.
Tip 5 – Always prepare for the weather. For example, before winter stabilizes, try to condition the pipes so they can withstand extremely cold conditions. The heating in your home must also be updated and functional. You will be saved from so many common problems when you can prevent your pipes from freezing. If you are not sure how to do it, let a reputable plumber guide you.
Tip 6 – Keep an eye on your water heater. A leaking heater can cause you many problems, so be sure to keep it properly. You can reduce the problems by draining them every season so that there is no sediment that can cause the failure of your heater. The water pressure around the house should also be good enough so that it is not too difficult to handle for the pipes.
3 years old!
Today is your 3rd birthday. I love it that our birthdays are just 4 days apart, because by the time my birthday wears off, yours begins!
I feel that I am definitely getting my money’s worth for having a 3 year-old daughter who loves Frozen and Peppa Pig.
However, I love knowing that you are so excited about something so not-girly as the big black Jeep Wrangler I am finally getting in a couple of weeks.
There’s no way for you to understand how much I love you… or how much I think about how our relationship will be when you get older.
Hopefully, this letter will help. I have always adored you.
I love you,
If you still can not enjoy the holidays or if you want your children to spend part of the summer season in a fun way and even learning, surely you are considering taking your children to one of the summer camps that exist one of them is Summer Camps Ontario.
In that case, you want to continue reading. Yes, because, next, we will let you know the advantages and disadvantages that these proposals bring. Do you dare to discover them? Take note and you can take a firm and successful decision:
The advantages of summer camps
The first thing you should know is that there are many parents that every year when these dates arrive, they do not hesitate to send their children to a summer camp. They do it because they are clear that this is a really beneficial alternative for the little ones. And it is that they take into account advantages associated with that, such as the following:
- It is a way for minors to have a great time doing a lot of playful activities.
- In the same way, we must bear in mind that there are themed camps. With this, we mean that there are languages, cooking, dance, sports … Thanks to that, children have the possibility to have fun while learning about something they like.
- Needless to say, this type of proposal for the summer season is a great alternative when it comes to getting the little ones to improve their social skills. And the fact that being with other children they did not know will lead them to communicate with those and even to forge a friendship.
- It is also considered to be a great alternative for your children to begin to develop their independence and autonomy.
- Of course, another advantage of summer camp is that they get them to learn values as important as teamwork, respect, tolerance or freedom. And it is not only there that they are going to carry out endless group activities, but also, they will be with little ones that they did not know and who can come from different places in the world.
- Self- esteem is, in the same way, something that is improved in this type of summer proposal. Yes, since with the different competitions and workshops that are organized the minor will realize that he can do things that he did not even imagine.
- Of course, we must not overlook the fact that summer camps are considered a great alternative for children to learn to give value to their family and home. And it is not only that they will miss them but that in those places they will not have the comforts that will be at home nor will they be given all the whims. That, at the same time, is a way for you to discover that you do not have to have everything to be happy and have fun.
The disadvantages of summer camps
If you do not choose well, the child will have problems adapting
In order for you to make the best decision about whether to take your children to a summer camp or not, you need to discover what are the aspects against it, such as the following:
- If they are sent by imposition or if you choose one that does not interest them at all, you will not be able to enjoy the advantages stated in the previous section.
- In the case that they have never been separated from the parents for several days, it may cost them to adapt to the camp and they may be very negative. What’s more, for some it can be a really insufferable period.
- In the same way, we must know that sending children to a summer proposal like this requires an important expense. And is that, depending on which is chosen, you may have to provide a relevant amount.
- If the adult is not well informed about the type of camp and does not certify that their children will have everything necessary and will have specialized monitors or greater security, you can fall into the error of choosing an absolutely inappropriate. By this, we mean that you select one that does not meet the minimum requirements for minors to have a great time and be cared for correctly by experienced monitors.
8 years, 5 months.
This past Tuesday, your class got to celebrate filling the jar with marbles, for good class behavior, by having Crazy Hair Day!
So before we left for school, I took you out to the garage and basically spray paint all your hair.
At first, I only sprayed the top, but you insisted I spray all of your hair, including all the back.
Looking back on these pictures though, I should have used the entire can; as there was still some sandy brown showing through.
Needless to say, you had a really fun day. And I’m fairly confident you’re going to be asking me to have green hair again!
2 years, 11 months.
For some reason, we randomly started receiving the Oriental Trading Company catalog every month at our house. I didn’t realize what a treat this would be for you and your brother!
While Mommy and I clean up after dinner, the two of you remain entertained the entire time, as your brother will ask you, “Holly, out of these on this page, which one would you want? You can pick three.”
You always happily go along with the fantasy, as if you truly get to have some of the toys featured in the catalog.
I never knew that magazine could serve as such captivating entertainment!